Work package 1 (PREPARATION): Preliminary work: an exploration of latest developments in internal (HEI) Quality Assurance (QA) with latest national and international expectations and developments in external (QA agency) roles and responsibilities
- Following discussions with the Moroccan Ministry and QA agency, a Questionnaire will be developed
- Fact finding visits to Europe;
- Key staff from the Moroccan QA agency and senior Moroccan university leaders will undertake a study visit in Europe;
- The first series of Round Table discussion meetings will be held and a report will summarize its outcome.
- A Road Map will be developed.
Work package 2 (DEVELOPMENT) : Comparing experiences with EU agencies and their relationships with Higher Education Institutions
- Series of roundtables to identify expectations, priorities, and approaches to QA in Higher Education within the context of Moroccan universities;
- International norms and expectations will also be introduced and compared to the Moroccan context;
- A report will summarize the outcome of these gatherings;
- Two Matching Exercises to be held in Europe to better understand the procedures, methodology, and links between Internal and External Quality Assurance;
- A Roundtable on EU internal (university or institution) and external QA (national and regional and the role of QA agencies;
- Drafting of a White Paper to serve as the basis for Moroccan QA management model.
DEV. 2.5 White Paper
Work package 3 (DEVELOPMENT): Aligning and integrating EQA and IQA: developing a ‘shared QA toolkit’ to meet national needs and international expectations (Development of a quality assurance ‘tool kit’)
- ANEAQ visit to Europe to identify the QA toolkit components;
- Roundtable discussions with all partners and report to consolidate the QA toolkit;
- Desk-based exercise and roundtable to prepare the Code of Practice;
- Draft of the Code of Practice.
DEV 3.1 Toolkits for integrated External QA and Internal QA
DEV 3.3 Preparing the Code of Practice for the Management of QA
DEV 3.4 Towards a Code of Practice for the Management of QA
Work package 4 (DEVELOPMENT) : Aligning and integrating Internal QA and External QA: testing the ‘toolkit’ and optimizing procedures to meet national needs and international expectations
- Roundtable to discuss latest trends of external evaluation of HEIs’ internal QA at both institutional and programme level
- Internal Report
DEV 4.1 Optimising External evaluation of Internal QA at institutional and programme level
DEV 4.2 Internal Report
Work package 5 (DEVELOPMENT): Piloting the new integration of internal and external QA (tool kit and procedures)
- Piloting against university (institutional) QA systems;
- Piloting against programme systems (within Faculties/departments);
- Evaluation of the Pilot outcomes.
DEV 5.1 Piloting against university (institutional) QA systems (4 universities)
DEV 5.2 Piloting against programme systems (within Faculties/departments – 4 universities)
DEV 5.3 Evaluation of the Pilot outcomes
Work package 6 (DEVELOPMENT): Enhancing QA management and its impact on Moroccan Higher Education
- Enhancing management of external QA by ANEAQ (Morocco);
- Enhancing universities’ management of IQA; Training of ANEAQ staff;
- Enhancing infrastructure.
DEV 6.1 Enhancing management of External QA and universities’ management of Internal QA
DEV 6.2 Training for the Moroccan Quality Assurance Agency Staff
DEV 6.3 Enhancing infrastructure
Work package 7 (QUALITY PLAN) : Quality Assurance of the project
To monitor progress in the establishment and implementation of external and internal management model of Quality Assurance in Morocco and to identify early impacts, successes and areas for improvement. The do so, the following tasks will be undertaken:
- Regular meetings of the Quality Committee during the project lifetime and sharing of the minutes with the consortium;
- Appointment of an external evaluator;
- Mid-term and final report.
DEV 7.1 Quality Committee
DEV 7.2 External Evaluator
DEV 7.3 Monitoring of the Project
DEV 7.4 Quality and Evaluation Reports
Work package 8: (DISSEMINATION & EXPLOITATION): Dissemination and Sustainability of the project
To disseminate information and sustain activities successfully through:
- Project and partners’ websites;
- Dedicated internal/local and international dissemination events;
- Participation tointernational conferences and links with international network;
- Continuous and sustained exchanges between the Moroccan stakeholders within and outside the project’s planned; activities with the support and commitment of the ANEAQ and the MESRSFC;
- Publications in national and international specialized journals;
- It will also be important to ensure that events and activities are well attended by the corresponding stakeholders and other interested parties.
DEV 8.1 Dissemination Plan and Sustainability Strategy
DEV 8.2 Project Website and Intranet design & maintenance
DEV 8.3 National Networking Event
DEV 8.4 Dissemination at the Institutional Level
DEV 8.5 Final Conference
Work package 9 (MANAGEMENT)
- Coordinate the project activities and ensure their timely implementation and completion according to the set objective in the proposal;
- Prepare the Dissemination Plan and Sustainable Strategy (please see 8.1);
- Form and coordinate the PMT;
- Organisethe KOM;
- Coordinate the communication among the partnershipand with the EACEA;
- Prepare the Financial and Technical reports.
DEV 9.2 Project Management Team
DEV. 9.3 Financial and Administrative Management
DEV. 9.4 Production of intermediate and final reports