CEMAS (Centro di Ricerca Cooperazione con l’Eurasia, il Mediterraneo e l’Africa Sub-sahariana) is an interdepartmental research centre based at Sapienza University of Rome. Its constituting departments deal with different areas of research (Arts, Oriental Studies, International Relations, Political Sciences, Economics, Engineering, Medicine). The centre’s mission is to organise and implement research activities financed by external funds through international cooperation networks with Mediterranean, Eurasian and African institutions and organisations. The research activities follow a multidisciplinary approach aimed to valorise the scientific skills of teachers and researchers that participate in CEMAS’ programmes.
CEMAS is the nation’s key non-partisan policy forum for tackling global issues through independent research and open dialogue, with the objective to inform actionable ideas for the policy community. Its research programs are dedicated to the most pressing issues that Europe and the world are facing.
- Fields of expertise: Cooperation projects, international networking, support to research.
- Human resources (employees, fellows, external experts): 40 researchers and professors from different departments.
CEMAS conducts research programmes in the following areas:
- Migration Studies
- Environmental Biology
- Human and Civil Rights
- Development Cooperation with Eurasia, Mediterranean area and Sub-Saharan Africa
- Development Economics
- Surgical Science
- International Politics
- Fashion Studies
- Sociology and Communication
- History and Anthropology
- Languages and Civilisation