The EQuaM-M project “Enhancing Quality Assurance Management in Morocco” is an initiative funded by the Erasmus+ program – Capacity Building in the Higher Education Sector. Capacity building projects include transnational cooperation based on multilateral partnership made up of higher education institutions from countries participating in the Erasmus+ programme and eligible partner countries.
The initiative started on the 1st of October 2017 and will end on the 30th of September 2020.
The general objective of the project is to support Morocco in its ambition to further develop and strengthen a new National Agency for Quality Assurance in the Higher Education sector, whose work will be in line with the immediate needs of the company, while satisfying at the same time international expectations. More specifically, the project concerns the development, implementation and outcomes of Quality Assurance in the entire Higher Education system, as well as its improvement.
The project will support:
• The development of the main components of the Quality Assurance system in Morocco that meet national and institutional needs;
• The drafting of a Road Map dealing with the requirements necessary to implement and /or improve Quality Assurance procedures at the institutional level with a focus on the link between Internal and External Quality Assurance;
• The drafting of a White Paper of recommendations addressed to interest groups and national, regional and international political authorities;
• The formulation of a Code of Conduct and a toolkit for Quality Assurance in the Higher Education sector in Morocco;
• The development and implementation of the Code of Conduct and the toolkit for Quality Assurance.
• A Road Map aimed at improving the management of Quality Assurance and its impact on Higher Education in Morocco;
• A White Book aimed at informing the main stakeholders in Morocco about the progressive implementation of the new Quality Assurance system. The book will include recommendations to meet the shared needs of Internal and External Quality Assurance in Morocco;
• A kit of shared tools to meet the needs of Internal and External Quality Assurance in Morocco that will lead to…
• …The elaboration of a Code of Conduct for the Management of Quality Assurance in Moroccan universities.
The project’s consortium is composed of 14 Moroccan institutions and 5 European organisations.
• University of Barcelona (Spain, coordinator)
• EuropeanAssociation for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA)
• National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (Spain)
• University of Rome “La Sapienza” (Italy)
• University of Montpellier (France)
• Centre for the Advancement of Research and Development in Educational Technology LTD– CARDET
• Ministryof Higher Education, Scientific Research and Training of Managers (MESRSFC)
• National Agency for Evaluation and Quality Assurance of Higher Education and Scientific Research (ANEAQ)
• University Abdelmalek Essadi
• University Ibn Tofail
• University Hassan 1
• University Hassan 2 Casablanca
• University Moulay Ismail
• University Cadi Ayyad
• University Mohammed V
• University Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdellah
• University Mundiapolis
• Euro-Mediterranean University of Fez
• University Ibn Zohr
Role of Sapienza University of Rome
The University of Rome “La Sapienza” will bring its experience in the field of Quality Assurance through its participation in the round tables organised in Morocco and in Europe, as well as in workshops on issues related to internal and external reinforcement of Quality Assurance. Furthermore, “La Sapienza” will fully support the drafting of various documents with the aim to facilitate the continuous enhancement of Quality Assurance in the higher education sector in Morocco.
For further information, visit the project’s website: https://www.equamm.org/.