Project EQuAM-M – “Enhancing Quality Assurance Management in Morocco” 2017-2021
Aims & Objectives
EQuAM-M (2017-2021) will support evolution to a national QA system for HE in Morocco that focuses on structure and management, and the components needed to ensure consistent, comparable and transparent processes and outcomes.
EQuAM-M is designed to support the newly established ANEAQ in developing shared External and Internal Quality Assurance procedures and provide it with a new ‘tool kit’ to ensure that the QA system for MA HE meets the needs of the country, draws on the aspirations of the MA academic communities, and reflects the latest international expectations.
It will also support it in creating procedures and communication ways with the HEIs (public and private) based on mutual trust to ensure a sustainable appropriation of QA rules in the MA HE system. The project will play a major role in more closely aligning Moroccan HE with some of the most successful aspects of the European Bologna Process and thus contribute to enhancing recognition, mobility and internationalisation.
The specific objectives for the Project include the development of:
- A Road Map addressing the necessary detailed requirements for implementing and/or improving the functions and procedures of QA at the institutional level and the link between Internal and External QA.
- A White Paper aiming at informing key stakeholders in Morocco on the progressive implementation of the new QA system that accords with achievable expectations and leads to enhancement in Moroccan HE; and with recommendations for meeting the shared needs of EQA and IQA in Morocco. It will include a 10 year ‘road map’ for the progressive ‘evolution’ of QA for Moroccan HE to support the development of a Quality Culture.
- A shared toolkit’ to meet needsof Internal QA and External QA in Morocco that will lead to
- A Code of Practice for the Management of Quality Assurance in Moroccan universities. This will provide the bases for university’s internal QA arrangements, irrespective of the vision, mission and context, and for the evaluations undertaken by the ANEAQ.
The project’s consortium is composed of 14 Moroccan institutions and 5 European organisations.
- University of Barcelona (Spain, coordinator)
- EuropeanAssociation for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA)
- National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (Spain)
- University of Rome “La Sapienza” (Italy)
- University of Montpellier (France)
- Centre for the Advancement of Research and Development in Educational Technology LTD– CARDET
- Ministryof Higher Education, Scientific Research and Training of Managers (MESRSFC)
- National Agency for Evaluation and Quality Assurance of Higher Education and Scientific Research (ANEAQ)
- University Abdelmalek Essadi
- University Ibn Tofail
- University Hassan 1
- University Hassan 2 Casablanca
- University Moulay Ismail
- University Cadi Ayyad
- University Mohammed V
- University Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdellah
- University Mundiapolis
- Euro-Mediterranean University of Fez
- University Ibn Zohr
To know more about the project: https://www.equamm.org/