REGIONE LAZIO – Project “Department for Training, Research, School and University” Migration – Integration (2018-2020)
Regional Directorate for Education, Research and Innovation, School and University, Right to Education
Implementation of the Operational Program developed by the Latium Region
European Social Fund (ESF), Programme 2014-2020
Objective: social inclusion and fight against poverty as investment priorities; social inclusion activities aimed at promoting equal opportunities and improving employability.
- To protect and guarantee the well-being of “transiting” migrants in need by offering them assistance and cultural-linguistic mediation at points of first entry;
- To develop cultural-linguistic mediation help desks for “transiting” migrants;
- To inform, orient and assist “transiting” migrants in order to support them and guarantee their empowerment;
- To promote integration opportunities for “transiting” migrants through knowledge and skills transfer as to facilitate their accession to the labour market;
- To define and create a territorial reference network (formal/informal) in order to promote the objectives of the project.
“La Sapienza” University of Rome. CEMAS Research Centre is at the forefront of addressing the refugee crisis by offering opportunities for access to university and higher education. In particular, the department is engaged in several projects at the international level involving migrants and refugees; among the projects implemented during the past year, we highlight the “Rescue – Refugees Education Support in MENA CoUntriEs” and “InHere – Higher Education supporting Refugees in Europe”. As far as language training activities are concerned, the ISO Department (Italian Institute of Oriental Studies) carries out regularly research and training activities directed at schools, universities and training institution and the national and international level on issues related to language education, intercultural integration, Italian language teaching as L2 to immigrant students and adults, plurilingualism and linguistic minorities, teacher training, simplification of specialised languages, school and university guidance. In light of the ever-increasing importance of the immigration and asylum phenomena, “La Sapienza” University and CEMAS established a Centre for Immigration and Asylum Studies. The Centre has a multidisciplinary nature and is main missions is:
- To analyse and interpret the evolution of the migration phenomenon at the national and European level, but also on the Mediterranean and global scale;
- To become a reference Centre for national, regional and territorial stakeholders in the field of training and research on migration and asylum.
Croce Rossa Italiana – Comitato Area Metropolitana di Roma Capitale (coordinator)
Manpower Formazione S.r.l.
CEMAS – “La Sapienza” University of Rome